Last Modified: April 16, 2013
- personal information collected from you offline,
- to residents of countries other than the United States, or
- third-party web sites, to which this Site may link.
Table of Contents
- Children’s Information
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
- Requests for Loan Comparisons
- Scholarship Applications
- Forced Disclosures/Breach
- Business Transfers
- Network Advertising
- User-Generated Content
- Your Choices About Use and Disclosure of Your Information
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Operation of this Site in the United States
- Contacting Us
- SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send or post any information about yourself (whether your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) to us or on this Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child younger than 13 years old, we will delete that information and terminate the child’s account (if any). If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of this Site, including the information described below.
We may collect personally identifiable information from you, when you:
- Fill out forms or fields on this Site;
- Request products or services on or from this Site;
- Communicate with us or request information about us, this Site and our services, whether via email or other means;
- Participate in online surveys;
- Participate in any of our marketing initiatives, including, contests, events, or promotions; and
- Participate in forums or provide user generated content or submissions.
We may also collect personally identifiable information about you from third parties such as forums, instant messaging services, blogs, other users of our products and services and our business partners.
If you use any functionality on this Site allowing you to send content
to a friend, then please be aware that: (a) we may display your email
address to your friend; and (b) we may use information you provide
about your friend to facilitate the communication and as otherwise set
We may collect non-personally identifiable information about you through a variety of technical methods, including the following:
- Collection of Usage Details and IP Address. As you navigate through this Site, we may collect details of your visits to this Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, the resources that you access, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We may use this information for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and business partners.
- Collection with Cookies. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing a website. We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. You consent to our placement of cookies on your computer. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to do so, however, your use of certain aspects of this Site may be restricted.
- Collection with Web beacons. “Web beacons” are transparent image files used to monitor your journey around our Site. Web beacons may be used in association with cookies to understand how you interact with the pages and content of this Site. Being able to recognize you enables the site owner to personalize your visit and make it more user-friendly.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including any personally identifiable information, to:
- Provide services requested by you;
- Provide customer support (including, responding to your requests), troubleshoot and resolve problems and disputes;
- Contact you to verify the information you provide to us;
- Understand and anticipate your needs and preferences;
- Ensure this Site is of interest to you (including, customization of advertising and content) and help us better understand your use of this Site;
- Protect the security and integrity of this Site;
- Conduct internal reviews of this Site and administer this Site’s systems;
- Develop, enhance and market our products and services or the products and services of third parties;
- Provide you with promotional materials, offers and personalized information;
- Manage our business and operations;
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide administrative communications to you;
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose personally identifiable information to:
- Our affiliates for support of our internal and business operations, their own marketing purposes, or pursuant to your direct request or opt-in;
- Our other EducationPlus Network businesses for support of our internal and business operations, for their own marketing purposes, or pursuant to your direct request or opt-in;
- Our non-affiliated third party vendors or service providers to enable them to provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and transaction materials, delivery the products or services you request, and this Site’s maintenance and security;
- Our non-affiliated third party sponsors or business partners when you (i) engage in certain activities on this Site that are sponsored by them, such as purchasing products or services offered by them, and you give your express consent to receive or you opt-in or request information or communications from them, or elect to participate in contests or other programs or offers sponsored in whole or in part by a third party, and/or (ii) respond to promotional materials from us and you authorize a third party to use your personally identifiable information to, for example, send you (or you opt-in to receive) additional promotional materials, provide you a product or service, or enter you into their third party sponsored contests or sweepstakes;
- Social Media (e.g., Facebook or Twitter): If you are logged into a third party account, such as Facebook, and you access but are not logged into the Site, we may receive information from that third party account to make it easier for you to create an account on the Site and show you relevant content from others. This information personalizes your experience and helps you create an account. You can also connect your account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook or Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers.
- As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory, or administrative agency;
- As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, our rights or property;
- If requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency;
- To enforce or protect our rights; and
- In connection with a Business Transfer, as defined below.
Additionally, we may disclose your non-personally identifiable information with our affiliates, our other EducationPlus Network businesses, and non-affiliated third parties, such as advertisers, content distributors, and service providers.
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take your personally identifiable information and make it non-personally identifiable, either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating your information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make the information personally identifiable to you (de-personalizing your information). We may use and/or disclose to third parties such aggregate or de-personalized information in any manner and without notice or compensation to you.
Requests for Loan Comparisons
The content of the Site is intended for educational purposes only. The content is not intended to, and does not, constitute legal or financial advice. This Site will allow you to request a comparison of the loan products from one or more third parties (“Requested Providers”). If you provide your personally identifiable information on the Site and request a loan comparison from Requested Providers (a “Request”), we may disclose or sell your personally identifiable information to our affiliates, Requested Providers that we match with your Request, or to other third parties that may match you with a Requested Provider. In addition, the Requested Providers and such third party may further disclose, share and use any personally identifiable information provided by you in connection with your Request.
If you make a Request, you expressly consent to such disclosure and use of your personally identifiable information. If you do not want your personally identifiable information shared as described above, then you should not submit a Request.
IF YOU SUBMIT A REQUEST, REQUESTED SERVICE PROVIDERS MAY CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY WITH QUOTES VIA TELEPHONE, FAX, AND EMAIL. YOU MAY RECEIVE TELEMARKETING CALLS AS A CONSEQUENCE OF SUBMITTING A REQUEST ON THIS SITE, EVEN IF YOU ARE ON THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY OR ANY OTHER DO NOT CALL REGISTRY.
If you are matched with Requested Providers, you expressly consent to the Requested Providers conducting any research necessary to provide you with a response to your Request. Requested Providers may need to share your personally identifiable information to conduct such research. As an example, if you request a loan comparison, Requested Providers may order consumer reports about you in connection with your application. Such reports may provide information that may assist in determining eligibility for loans and the rates you may be charged. If you do not want Requested Providers to conduct necessary research to provide you with a response for your Request, then you should not submit a Request.
Please note that if you submit a Request on this Site and we share your information as described above in connection with your Request, you will not have the opportunity to opt out of the disclosure of your information in connection with that Request.
If you are submitting information to us pursuant to or to apply for a scholarship offer, please refer to the official rules for the applicable scholarship offer for additional terms that apply to your information and the sharing, disclosure and treatment of your information for that particular purpose.
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables their computers to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might identify the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether you visit specific pages of this Site and other websites, the location of your Internet service provider, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and websites. Please see the “Online Behavioral Advertising” subsection of Choices About How We Use and Collect Your Information below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you./p>
Your Choices About Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over your information:
Email Offers from Us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt-out of receiving email information from us (other than emails related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on this Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information. If this Site allows you to create an account with us, then you can review and update your personal information and certain information sharing preferences by logging into this Site, visiting your account profile page and making changes.
Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by clicking here and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Operation of this Site in the United States
This Site is operated in the United States is not intended for international users. We make no claim that the Site may be lawfully viewed or accessed outside of the United States.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request regarding your personally identifiable information, please contact us at any of the following:
EDPlus Holdings, LLC / eStudentLoan.com
3020 Hartley Road, STE 220
Jacksonville, FL 32257
Via email: email@example.com
SPECIAL NOTIFICATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided their personally identifiable information to us may request information regarding our disclosures, if any, of their personally identifiable information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
EDPlus Holdings, LLC / eStudentLoan.com
3020 Hartley Road, Suite 220
Jacksonville, FL 32257
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the e-mail address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this paragraph.
Use our free LoanFinder™ to find, compare and apply for private student loans!Find Student Loans!
- Student Loans
- Private Student Loans
- Credit and Student Loans
- Apply for Student Loans
- Federal Student Loans
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Subsidized Student Loan
- Unsubsidized Student Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Direct Plus Loans for Parents
- Direct Plus Loan for Graduate Students
- Federal Student Loan Repayment
- Student Loan Consolidation
- Private Student Loan Consolidation
- Federal Student Loan Consolidation
- Financial Aid
- Applying For Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Eligibility
- FAFSA: Reporting Assets
- Financial Aid for High School Students
- Financial Aid for College Students
- Financial Aid for Graduate Students
- Financial Aid for Adults
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Types of Financial Aid
- Federal Student Grants
- Work Study
- State Aid