Last Modified: April 16, 2013
Welcome to the eStudentLoan.com™ website!
This website is provided by EDPlus Holdings, LLC, an Oregon limited liability company (“EducationPlus”, “we” or “us”). This website is a member of the EducationPlus network, which includes WiseChoice.com™, ScholarshipExperts.com™, CampusDiscovery.com™, and EducationPlus.com™.
Table of Contents
- Accessing this Website, Your Information and Account Security
- Our Intellectual Property Rights
- Our Trademarks
- Prohibited Uses
- Your User Contributions
- Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
- Content Standards
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement Policy
- Reliance on this Website
- Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Admissions
- Fees and Payments
- Linking to this Website and Social Media Features
- Links from this Website
- Mobile Devices
- Geographic Restrictions
- Electronic Communications
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- Limitation on Liability
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Limitation on Time to File Claims
- Waiver and Severability
- Comments or Concerns
“You” and “your” refer to you, as a user of this Website. A “user” is someone who accesses, browses or otherwise uses this Website.
This Website also is only intended for use by residents of the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, you are confirming that you meet all of the above requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, do not access or use this Website.
Please be advised that certain features on this Website are subject to additional terms and conditions (e.g., scholarship awards sponsored by us). In the event you wish to access or use those features, you will be prompted to review and accept those additional terms and conditions prior to your access or use.
Accessing this Website, Your Information and Account Security
To the extent not prohibited by law and except as otherwise provided in any applicable additional terms and conditions, which may govern certain features of this Website, we reserve the right to withdraw or change this Website, any part of this Website, and any service or material we provide on this Website, temporarily or permanently, in our sole discretion without notice to you. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of this Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this Website; and
Our Intellectual Property Rights
You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download, as applicable, one copy of a reasonable number of pages of this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
- If we provide social media features with certain content, you make take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of this Website or any services or materials available through this Website, unless you are an Education Professional who has the express written permission of EducationPlus.
We make some of the content on this Website available through Real Simple Syndication (“RSS”) feeds. You may access these feeds in order to display this feed content on your personal computer or application, only if (1) your use of the feeds is for personal use only, (2) your display of the feed links back to the relevant pages of this Website and attributes EducationPlus as the source of the feed content, (3) your use or display of the feed content does not suggest that EducationPlus or any of its affiliates promotes or endorses any third-party causes, ideas, products or services, or websites including your website, (4) you do not redistribute the feed content in any way or form, and (5) your use of the feeds does not overburden EducationPlus’s systems. We reserve all rights in the feed content and may terminate the feeds or use of the feeds at any time.
If you wish to make any use of material on this Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com.
The eStudentLoan and EducationPlus names, the term “eStudentLoan.com” and the eStudentLoan and EducationPlus logos and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of EducationPlus or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of EducationPlus. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or soliciting them to submit their personal information or inappropriate content.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set forth in these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate EducationPlus, an EducationPlus employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of this Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of this Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use this Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair this Website or interfere with any other party’s use of this Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through this Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access this Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on this Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on this Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Reverse engineer any portion of this Website.
- Record, process, or mine information about other users of this Website.
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of this Website for purposes of constructing or populating a separate database of user review or survey content.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of this Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material to this Website which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of this Website, the server on which this Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to this Website.
- Attack this Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website.
Your User Contributions
This Website may contain message boards, comment features, review or survey features, personal profiles, message features, invitation features, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, “Interactive Services”) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “Post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through this Website.
You understand and acknowledge that you assume all risks associated with any User Contributions you Post, including its legality, it appropriateness, its effect on any third-party rights, anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in your User Contributions that makes you personally identifiable.
We may use any of your User Contributions in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it or portions of it, reformatting it, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, incorporating it into advertisements or using it in conjunction with advertisements, and allowing other third-party partners, including Education Professionals, to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms. Accordingly, for any User Contributions you Post, including any content or materials covered by intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, publicity rights, or privacy rights, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable, transferable rights to use your User Contributions for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of this Website the right to access your User Contributions in connection with their use of this Website.
If EducationPlus or its licensees uses your User Contributions in any way, including for any advertisements or marketing purposes, you understand that you are not entitled to any compensation for such use, and the manner, mode and extent of such use are subject to change without specific notice to you. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your User Contributions nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your User Contributions.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of this Website.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through this Website. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EDUCATIONPLUS AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
These Content Standards apply to all User Contributions and use of Interactive Services. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person.
- Publicize other people’s private information, photographs, or full names or other personally identifying information.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
- Promote a business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use this Website for commercial purposes, except as expressly permitted by EducationPlus.
Copyright and Trademark Infringement Policy
If you believe that any User Contributions violate your copyright or trademark rights, please see our Infringement Policy for instructions on sending us notice of the infringement.
Reliance on this Website
The content, information and all services and products presented on or associated with this Website are provided to you on an “as-is” and “as available” basis. EducationPlus makes no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Website or the information, content, materials, products or services included on or associated with this Website. You expressly agree that your reliance on any information on this Website and your use of this Website and all products and services included on or associated with this Website are at your sole risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance you place on this Website and the contents, information, services or products included on or associated with this Website.
This Website includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by EducationPlus, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of EducationPlus. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
You are responsible for your own financial decisions. Through this Website, you may find third-party service providers, such as financial institutions, creditors and/or lenders (“Financial Service Providers”), from which you can seek financial advice, related information, or financial products or services. EducationPlus does not endorse or recommend the products or services of any Financial Service Provider, and is not an agent or advisor to you or any Financial Service Provider; however, in some cases, EducationPlus may be affiliated or have joint marketing relationships with certain Financial Service Providers that can be found through this Website. In these cases, EducationPlus endeavors to clearly disclose EducationPlus’s connection to these Financial Service Providers. Generally, EducationPlus does not validate or investigate the licensing, certification or other requirements and qualifications of Financial Service Providers. It is your responsibility to investigate Financial Service Providers. You acknowledge and agree that Financial Service Providers are solely responsible for any services or products that they may provide to you, and that EducationPlus shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or claims in connection with or arising out of your use of a Financial Service Provider’s products or services.
You acknowledge and agree that EducationPlus is not a financial institution or a Financial Service Provider. EducationPlus does not issue or offer loans, credit, insurance or any other financial products. EducationPlus does not provide investment advice, tax preparation, or debt collection. EducationPlus does not make any credit or lending decisions with any Financial Service Provider referred to you or contacted by you through this Website. Rather, EducationPlus, through this Website, may help you connect with Financial Service Providers based on information and requests received from you, and provide you with general information and basic calculation tools to help educate your decisions about how to finance your college education.
EducationPlus does not make any representations or warranties regarding the quotes, fees, terms, rates, or services offered or made by any Financial Service Providers. EducationPlus also does not guarantee that such quotes, fees, terms, rates, or services are the best that are available.
Scholarships, Financial Aid, and Admissions
Your use of this Website, including your submission of any applications, profiles or other forms, DOES NOT necessarily qualify you for: (1) any scholarships or awards; (2) any financial aid; (3) any loans or credit; or (4) any admission to schools, universities, or educational institutions. With the exception of any EducationPlus sponsored scholarships, your eligibility and qualifications will be determined by the applicable scholarship provider, educational institution, financial institution or governmental agency. If you apply for a EducationPlus sponsored scholarship, EducationPlus will determine your eligibility and evaluate your application and qualifications in accordance with the official rules for that particular scholarship.
Fees and Payments
We do not charge a fee for your access and use of this Website. However, in the future, EducationPlus may choose to charge fees for certain premium features and services, but we will notify you of those changes on this Website when we begin offering any other features and services for a fee.
Linking to this Website and Social Media Features
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send e-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as they are provided by us, solely with respect to the content they are displayed with, and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause this Website or portions of this Website to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking, on any other website.
- Link to any part of this Website other than the homepage.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We also may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
Links from this Website
This Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, and these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of those third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for those websites.
The owner of this Website is based in the state of Oregon in the United States. We provide this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that this Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to this Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access this Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
When you visit this Website or send e-mail to us, you are communicating with EducationPlus electronically. You consent to receive communications from EducationPlus electronically. Although EducationPlus may choose to communicate with you by regular mail, EducationPlus may also choose to communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that EducationPlus provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or this Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to this Website for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER EDUCATIONPLUS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH EDUCATIONPLUS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THIS WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER EDUCATIONPLUS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH EDUCATIONPLUS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THIS WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
EDUCATIONPLUS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF ANY INFORMATION TO US IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. EDUCATIONPLUS DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY TO YOU WITH REGARD TO ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY ENCOUNTER OFFENSIVE, INDECENT OR OTHER OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT WHEN USING THIS WEBSITE. EDUCATIONPLUS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY SUCH CONTENT.
SOME OF THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE MATERIALS THAT BELONG TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EDUCATIONPLUS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL EDUCATIONPLUS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, CORRUPTION OF FILES, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS), UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY (WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE), ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF EDUCATIONPLUS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Data presented in several sections of this website is copyrighted material under license to Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications, and which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House. Copyright © 2008-2013 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Data presented in sections of this website is in the public domain for use without specific permission by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a Federal government agency.
Data presented in sections of this website is trademarked material from the O*NET database utilizing version 16.0. O*NET™ is a trademark of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.
Comments or Concerns
Via regular mail:
EDPlus Holdings, LLC / eStudentLoan.com
3020 Hartley Road, Suite 220
Jacksonville, FL 32257
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Use our free LoanFinder™ to find, compare and apply for private student loans!Find Student Loans!
- Student Loans
- Private Student Loans
- Credit and Student Loans
- Apply for Student Loans
- Federal Student Loans
- Federal Direct Student Loans
- Subsidized Student Loan
- Unsubsidized Student Loan
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Direct Plus Loans for Parents
- Direct Plus Loan for Graduate Students
- Federal Student Loan Repayment
- Student Loan Consolidation
- Private Student Loan Consolidation
- Federal Student Loan Consolidation
- Financial Aid
- Applying For Financial Aid
- Financial Aid Eligibility
- FAFSA: Reporting Assets
- Financial Aid for High School Students
- Financial Aid for College Students
- Financial Aid for Graduate Students
- Financial Aid for Adults
- Financial Aid for International Students
- Types of Financial Aid
- Federal Student Grants
- Work Study
- State Aid